[Stoves] An Introduction

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 22:21:38 CST 2011

Dear Max

Note the first thing they say on the side refers to the cost of
transportation. I see that the product of their process is a 'charcoal-like
residue'! Because it is .perhaps.charcoal? Do you think?

>... or are we witnessing a biochar + fuels race starting ?

Exactly that, then will come the biomass digesters that want to turn waste
into butanol and so on. It is a wasted resource so people will compete for
it.

Fortunately the poorest people are stuck in the middle of nowhere and are
hard to get to so They will have first dibs on the resource. Good.

Note that they intend for the gases from pyrolysis to be put into a liquid
fuels process, not for process heat or cooking. They are really in the
liquid fuel business not using the gas for heat. And they got $5m to work on
it!

If only stoves research (instead of implementation) could get resources like
that.