[Stoves] An Introduction

Max Turunen maxturunen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 14:11:23 CST 2011

On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 6:21 AM, Crispin Pemberton-Pigott <
crispinpigott at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Max****
>
> ** **
>
> Note the first thing they say on the side refers to the cost of
> transportation. I see that the product of their process is a ‘charcoal-like
> residue’! Because it is …perhaps…charcoal? Do you think?

Well... I try, sometimes. fine charcoal powder has been considered for
engines and tested for uses in such... but I was assuming here that the
idea would be to direct part of the pyrolysis gasses into sustaining the
pyrolysis reaction and other part of those gasses into condensing into tar
like fluids... and then further process those fluids into combustible
liquid fuels for engines to use without modifications... and to have that
process small and portable, low tech and sturdy... still resulting in same
amount of charcoal for soil amendment uses, and some amount of heat from
process for the heating and cooking uses.

Assuming such possibility... it would not be nasty to see companies and
research teams competing on who gets the process completed better for their
brand name franchise advantages... as long as it leaves room for all sort
of small scale local adaptations and competitors, or just local fuel and
soil amendment heat making community mills, open source technology (whether
the competing companies or their funders planned it so or not).

Smaller the fluid particles, more surface area, rapider the tank's local
microbe cultures can habitate it and start to do their metabolizing things
faster ?

MaxT