[Stoves] practical use and boiling beans.

Paal wendelbo paaw at online.no
Mon Dec 5 09:31:25 CST 2011

Dear Crispin.

Thanks for your comments.

            Probably was the Campion stove of Anderson the simplest TLUD-ND five years ago, but it worked better with the concentration lid and the cover he put on some years later. The difference is now only the small chimney at Champion and the handles.

            Since the first Peko Pe was developed 1988 there has been only small adjustment on primary and secondary air intake and I feel it is not very much more to change. It’s working quite well and will, I hope be tested by EPA now in December. We will see if it’s a need of some adjustments again.

            The PP was designed for production by local tinsmiths with simple hand- tools and had to be simple. No welding, no machinery needed. It is simple and flexible to use both for institutional and household cooking and flexible on fuel.

            One kg of dry biomass fuel into a 6 litre PP will burn about 1 hour with 12-15 cm high flame of 600 to 700°C. Emptying the char on a tray when flame is ended one can continue simmer on the glowing for about two hours more at lower temperature.

            Three 10 litres institutional PP with 8-9kg biomass will bring 60 litre to a boil at about 45 minutes and continue boiling on the glowing another two hours or if you need the char just put one refilled PP to continue boiling for as long as you need. That’s the regulation, and it is working even with cooks used to charcoal cooking. It is possible to refill small amounts of fuel while there is a good flame to continue boiling, but seldom necessary. By training the cook will fill up the fuel needed for what she or he want to prepare.

 With regards Paal W paaw at online.no