[Stoves] Understanding Stoves

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 21:40:48 CST 2011

Dear Crispin,
when one uses the word chimney in India, the general perception is that of
a long tubular structure, meant for leading the smoke out of the house. It
costs more than the stove itself, and therefore, it is generally rejected
by stove designers. What you are refering to is most probably a shorter
pipe, which would serve to create draft and not as a device to take the
smoke out of the house. Interesting idea.
Yours
A.D.Karve

--
***