[Stoves] Fwd: {Vetiver System} Vetiver, stoves, and biochar

Paul S. Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Sun Dec 18 06:01:51 CST 2011

Dear AD and all,

Vetiver sounds better and better all the time as a fuel for micro-gasifiers.

Grown for its roots; with "leaves" / stems available as fuel (not
eaten by cattle).

Related to papayrus!!!   Papayrus is highly successful as fuel in
small-industry TLUDs in Uganda at Paramount Daires for pasturization.
  And we get the biochar/charcoal.

Vetiver is also great for stabilizing denuded hillslopes.  I am
working with Mike of Haiti Reconstruction International about TLUD
stoves in Haiti.  Maybe we will do some barrel-size units (for which I
have new techniques during my current trip to Kenya and Uganda (Home
on Tuesday).)

If interested and not yet informed about vetiver, just search that
term on the web.

FUELS are an important key to successful stove projects.   (Paal
Wendelbo has been telling us that for a few years!!!!!!)

Seasons Greetings,

Paul S. Anderson, PhD
Known to some as:  Dr. TLUD    Doc    Professor
Phone (USA): 309-452-7072   SKYPE: paultlud   Email: psanders at ilstu.edu
www.gtz.de/de/dokumente/giz2011-en-micro-gasification.pdf   (Best ref.)