[Stoves] Vegetable oil as fuel in India

Richard Stanley rstanley at legacyfound.org
Wed Dec 21 11:16:12 CST 2011

Dear Otto and Crispin,
I don't know about your sources of information about biodiesel and the depletion of the tropical forests with clearing for palm oil etc.,  but here in little 'ole Ashland Oregon and the surrounding Rogue Valley of Southern Oregon,  our locally managed Rogue Biofuels produces biodiesel out of USED vegg oil from the restaurants . For some reason, the oil off Chinese restaurants is rumored to be  much favored.
No matter how much a point you can try to make against biodiesel it is can well be locally  made here on a quite  sustainable basis.

Perhaps its time to  presume less, the need for  large scale international who-ha corporate behavior as a given supplier of our energy and all the politics and corruption that implies, and move more into a local vernacular.  As the bumper sticker my oldest son bought for our VW Passat tdi says, Biodiesel, No war required…
Its just common sense think locally work in balanced with your own resouces… and for everything else get a 3d printer…

Happy solstice all,
Richard Stanley