[Stoves] thermoelectric cooking pot now available

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 01:39:02 CST 2011

Dear Andrew

" As all the conduction through the TEG passes into the pot and the power
output is 2W then how much of the 2kW or so passes through the TEG?

Either way the loss to the pot is only the 2W."

It is hard to know because we don't know the ΔT across the TEG. It might be
a lot of that heat, but at a low temperature drop.

The fact that adding cold water increases the power output noticeably
inclines me to believe the drop is small and the flux high. Much safer in
the long run to run the hot junctions cooler in case someone puts a cutting
torch under the pot.