[Stoves] [biochar] allAfrica.com: Africa: Biochar -UnfulfilledPromises in Cameroon

George Riegg Gambia icecool at qanet.gm
Thu Dec 29 12:00:26 CST 2011

Hi Kevin,

One question - are you saying that these 2 categories you're suggesting are
mutually exclusive?

> Should there be two fundamental categories for "Improved Stoves" as
> follows:
> 1: "Efficient Stoves with Low Indoor Air Pollution"
> and
> 2: "Stoves Producing Biochar"

Not being a technical guy myself but helping to run a pilot in The Gambia
all I know is what our target market wants:
1) Pay less for fuel for the same result
2) Pay less for fuel for the same result
3) to whatever....... same again
Way down on the list:
Have a good stove that is easy to work
Have a good stove that is affordable
Have a good stove that is safe to use
Bring health benefits (IAP)
Help saving trees
Reduce GHG emmissions (whatever they are - in their perception)

Cheers
George from the Jungle - well.... sort of