[Stoves] Use of furnace emissions testing equipment

Paul S. Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Wed Feb 2 09:23:54 CST 2011

Dear Tom and all,

Second message ala Tom's message (below) that raises two questions
(each gets a separate Subject line).

1.  We missed Crispin and his portable emissions tester this year at
ETHOS, and Tom did not have his equipment available.

2.  To the best of my knowledge, neither Aprovecho nor any
installation of the PEMS equipment does not have TSI or Testo testing
equipment, so no correlations have been made between the results of
these different types of equipment.

3.  Perhaps someone (Tami maybe?) could tell us if the several
different types/sources of equipment will be incorporated into the new
testing protocols, and how, or even if they should be or not.

4.  Tom mentions "Winter stove camp."  Some people went to Aprovecho
last week before ETHOS and some might be there this week.  But if he
is referring to the BEF Stove Camp in central Illinois, that camp is
NEXT week (gather in the evening of 6 Feb, and then have camp
(indoors) on 7 - 11 Feb.)  Info is at
www.tridecca.com/bef   for all the BEF Camps.

5.  YES, the BEF Camp in Illinois next week will have use of a furnace
emissions tester if that is a special interest of the participants.
We have enough participants already, but a few more could still join
it.  (contact me ASAP at the phone number below.)

--
Paul S. Anderson, PhD
Known to some as:  Dr. TLUD    Doc    Professor
Phone (USA): 309-452-7072   SKYPE: paultlud   Email: psanders at ilstu.edu