[Stoves] Bicycle Thresher/Mill/Chopper

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 16:37:58 CST 2011

On Thursday 03 February 2011 06:37:24 Peter verhaart wrote:

> A proper pedal powered machine should have a bay to anchor the rear
> part of a normal bicycle so the owner can still use it as a bicycle.

This is what the chaps did to run an outdoor gig and cinema for
energycafe.

The bike was standard with the back lifted off the ground with a frame
attached to the back wheel. The wheel then drove a roller which was
attached to the motor from a child's electric  scooter. The output was
rectified and fed into two 1Farad capacitors.

Two bikes with people in relay pedalling moderately hard kept the whole
show running, though I only saw the rehearsal.

AJH