[Stoves] Bicycle Thresher/Mill/Chopper

Kobus ventfory at iafrica.com
Sun Feb 6 03:38:03 CST 2011

Hi Jessica,

The server in Guatemala must be down and I am unable to view the article. I found a similar article the other day, perhaps not a Thresher/Mill/Chopper, but it is a bicycle-powered generator. The article is entitled 'Basic Alternator Pedal Generator' and written in 2003, which is an improvement on a 'Hippo' Leaflet of 1996. Contains some schematics and instructions.

It can be viewed here:http://bit.ly/BicycleGen

Regards

________________________________
Kobus Venter
http://www.vuthisa.com/
http://za.linkedin.com/in/vuthisa

Richard, Crispin, and all:

I'd love to see a bicycle-powered machine developed, if it were feasible,
like the ones on this website below.  I think there is a great need for this
in the villages without power.  If power is available then of course there
can be another option for those who have power.  Is anyone using something
similar already?

http://www.mayapedal.org/machines.html

Thank you!

Jessica De Clerck