[Stoves] Kerosene lanstove

nari phaltan nariphaltan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 10:14:31 CST 2011

Thanks Crispin for your kind comments. The cylinder jacket is insulated and
hence most of the heat goes to the cooker. The heat transfer is pretty good
and boiling water efficiency of 40-45% attests to it. The flue gases exit at
the top of the cooker around 110 degrees Celsius.

 Cheers. Anil

On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 9:09 PM, Crispin Pemberton-Pigott <
crispinpigott at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Anil
>

> What a wonderful set of well-matched hardware. I was looking around the
> room and saw some interesting things.
>

> Technical question: some list members here have tried what amounts to a
> continuously heated retained heat cooker (RHC) and I am wondering about the
> gas flow rate between the shroud and the cooking vessel(s) when they are
> stacked.
>

> Is that assemblage part of the stacked cooking pots, or are you making a
> shroud/skirt to go around it? I understand the frying and bread making but
> am wondering about the stacked steaming. My question relates to the gas
> velocity past the pots. Are you changing the rate of flow by choking it
> (partially closing the top in some way) or is it a plain cylinder that
> drafts the heat from the lamp past the pots as fast as it can?
>

> It makes me wonder about the heat transfer efficiency when cooking, and
> whether or not it can be improved. It might be possible to bake multiple
> loaves of bread, for example, in an oven sitting on top if the exit gas
> temperature was low.
>

> What is the fuel burn rate on ‘high’?
>

> Thanks
>
> An Anil-enlightened Crispin
>

> ++++
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjVM0NIaDs0
>

> Cheers. Anil Rajvanshi

> http://www.bioenergylists.org/
> Stoves at lists.bioenergylists.org

Nimbkar Agricultural Research Institute (NARI)
Tambmal, Phaltan-Lonand Road
P.O.Box 44
Phaltan-415523, Maharashtra, India
Ph:91-2166-222396/220945