[Stoves] Measuring hot surfaces with an infrared thermometer

nari phaltan nariphaltan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 05:00:33 CST 2011

Dear Crispin,

We used this technique way back in early 1970s to measure solar collectors
temperatures. The biggest drawback in these infrared systems is the number
on emissivity. This keeps on fluctuating and is very sensitive to surface
conditions.

All the best. Anil

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 10:28 AM, Crispin Pemberton-Pigott <
crispinpigott at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Friends
>
> Use of infrared radiation to measure surface temperatures on stoves and
> boilers, specifically tubes, but it covers lots of interesting and relevant
> things.
>
> Would make a good course module for stove developers and testers:
>

> http://flircms.com/uploadedFiles/Thermography_USA/Industries/OGI/2009-090%20Cronholm.pdf
>
> Discussion with one of the authors is at
>

> http://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/02/13/a-conversation-with-an-infrared-uradiation-expert/#more-33954
>
> Regards
>
> Crispin

> http://www.bioenergylists.org/
> Stoves at lists.bioenergylists.org

Nimbkar Agricultural Research Institute (NARI)
Tambmal, Phaltan-Lonand Road
P.O.Box 44
Phaltan-415523, Maharashtra, India
Ph:91-2166-222396/220945