[Stoves] Important fuel processing Re: Repetitive Cross-Cuts.

joe breskin joe.breskin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 01:46:54 CST 2011

it is clearly a shear
Very much like the LION Miter trimmer that I used for cutting trim

http://www.lionmitertrimmer.com/

only it's bigger and somewhat cruder
but the rotary action is actually very clever
the advancing blade pushes the wood against the anvil so there is
little danger of it kicking or being thrown
the fact that he is willing to put a piece barely 4" long into the
path of the shear shows that it works very well.
The challenges appear to be twofold:
1) to come up with a simple way to power it - preferably one person's
weight with mechanical advantage, so that the person loading the wood
is always in control of the entire situation
and
2) to design something that cuts this well but does not use so much steel