[Stoves] One cent solutions or solutions worth their weight in gold

Frank Shields frank at compostlab.com
Mon Jan 10 12:21:29 CST 2011

Dear Dean,

I think this is a great suggestion. And after we test the stove fuels
and determine the range 'worst to best' I can do some testing on them
here at the lab. Goal is to see if we can find simple test methods that
is able to measure the differences we see in the stove test. The next
step will be to verify by taking the same fuel and making physical
changes to it in verifying degrees, test it in a stove and plot the
results. Something like that.

Now we are on our way to characterize biomass fuels for individual
stoves. I can't do it without stove testing and, I think, I can help
you, Dean with providing lab testing.

Regards
Frank