[Stoves] Air power Re: Burning saw dust in TLUD stove

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 16:40:58 CST 2011

Dear Richard

>NPR reports that the crushers are coming in from Swaziland.

>Now who would be supplying them from there ?

Some guy named Arnry Mijon. The Mijon family is famous for making high
quality masons tools. He obviously moonlights for a no-income Social-Capital
company for fun!

Thanks is also owed to John Currelley who worked out the sequence and
settings to produce that enormous throughput. I trust his construction
knowledge (he is a farmer from Ontario). He built a concrete house that
survived the quake, though it move about a metre sideways! Dang!

I like the idea of making low cost stoves from a custom sorting of the
crushed material. The StOvs Cooker and the Esperanza come to mind, as does
the Lion Stove in a 100% pre-cast form. Andi Michel was working on that.  It
was on ProBEC's list, now sadly departed.  The GTech guys are well advanced
on looking at how to make strong things from the rubble - exactly the sort
of skills we need for stoves.

With that much material available each hut/refugee slab should include a $2
stove with recycled metal parts inside.

All this is happening outside mainstream efforts using nothing but local
labour. Maybe it will soon go mainstream! Ithemba alibulali (having hope
won't kill you).