[Stoves] Questions on coal-burning possible TLUD

Paul S. Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Wed Jan 19 14:58:49 CST 2011

Crispin and all,

Good explanation and thanks for the photos.  Certainly seems like a
reasonable heater and stove.

1.  I will distinguish the "Silver" stove based on it being a coal
burner.  I have not spent much time regarding coal and
micro-gasification.  John Davies opinion would be greatly appreciated.
  I believe the Silver is substantially larger in diameter of fuel
chamber than is John's.

2.  In what way would the Silver NOT be accomplishing what we all seek
(especially Crispin) as a coal-burning heater/stove appropriate for
Mongolia or even the High Veldt of South Africa where coal is
abundant?  This is VERY important and I hope we can address it.

3.  This Silver stove needs further study, meaning access to the
devices.  We want to see and know that the top-ignited fuel does
create a migrating pyrolysis front (MPF for short, not as a name).Much
more about its emissions needs to be promptly known and, if low, be
recognized.

4.  Would this Silver unit function with dry biomass?  If not, why
not.  If yes, then has it been done?  And if successful, why does it
take until 2011 to recognize this, but NOT use it with wood anywhere?
Have the 53 years of users been somehow missing such an observation?

5.  Who, what and where (Turkey) is the company that makes this
device?  What is its price there (not the USA price)?

VERY interesting!!!   We should not drop this topic.

--
Paul S. Anderson, PhD
Known to some as:  Dr. TLUD    Doc    Professor
Phone (USA): 309-452-7072   SKYPE: paultlud   Email: psanders at ilstu.edu