[Stoves] Jatropha burns excellently in Camp Stove

rajan_jiby at dataone.in rajan_jiby at dataone.in
Fri Jan 21 08:38:11 CST 2011

Dear All,

Around 2 years back we burned jatropha seeds ( slightly crushed ) in Dr. Tom Reed's Camp stove. The performance was excellent.

These seeds are like small cute pellets ( naturally available ) with intensely packed energy ( because of the oil ).

We have also successfully burnt jatropha seeds ( slightly crushed ) in Champion TLUD stove. Jatropha cakes also burn well.

The only problem with jatropha cakes is that they tend to crumble into powder form very fast.

Jatropha husk does not burn independently - but burns well when mixed with any other good fuels.

With large jatropha farms, the attraction may be for making jatropha oil - which will fetch a high price in the market.

When small quantities are available ( which cannot be marketed - say from the fence ), it may be okay to use it as fuel.

Regards,

Rajan