[Stoves] Terminology TLUD - PeFiBe-burning-mode

Boll, Martin Dr. boll.bn at t-online.de
Sun Jan 23 10:07:13 CST 2011

Dear Paul and stovers

1.) By mentioning a three-stone-fire in combination with a rocket stove as
Andrew did, I wanted to show how interesting and fantasy-stimulating such a
point of view is. I did not intend to span the bow from a three-stone-fire
to top-lit burning. -Naturally there are very different three-stone-fires.

2.) For the bow from a simple open fire (not three-stone!) to TLUD:
It is right there is no air admission from bottom by a fire made on the
ground. But there is (at least for a short time) out-gassing from a log put
under the glowing charcoal.
Certainly the chemical composition of the gas is a lot different from a
TLUD(By missing air from bottom) but the burning conditions for the gas
above the charcoal are very similar.
For me this seems very essential. And it seems fascinating to compare all
sorts of stoves which out-gas their fuel through a layer of glow.

This was the reason I proposed to classify stoves, into a burning-mode.
I wanted to classify them _not_ as TLUDs, but stoves burning in a
PeFiBe-burning-mode.
-Please stovers propose better expressions, or tell why this aspect is or is
not worth to classify stoves or a burning mode.

Kind regards
Martin