[Stoves] (no subject) [Jatropha cake properties]

Peter verhaart pietverhaart at bigpond.com
Wed Jan 26 18:17:58 CST 2011

The drying of vegetable oils is, I believe, an oxidation process and, as
usual, exothermic.
The interior of a pile of rags is well insulated as regards heat
conduction there is a large surface ares eg a high rate of oxidation.
Heat can't escape, temperature rises, reaction rate rises, smoke, flames.
Perhaps something for Myth Busters to look into.

Piet