[Stoves] Heat destroys Jatropha toxins Re: jatropha, stoves, and biochar.

Richard Stanley rstanley at legacyfound.org
Thu Jan 27 14:47:19 CST 2011

Andrew,
The wet slurry is compressed and simultaneously dewatered- to the point of removing free moisture, which is still well above ambient humidity. The resulting briquette takes another five days odd, in natural convection conditions, to dry to ambient humidity. It can be burned as such thereafter or made bone-dry by suspending it along the stove exteroir to assure; 1) instant ignition, and 2) smoke free emission of any desired aromatics according the resouces and the market preferences of the producer/fuel designer.

Good question though about the different chemical changes effected by the wet process using aerobic decomposition, vesus biogas technology's aerobic decomposition, eh ?

We need fibers in tact, we do not need the typical odors of anerobic digestion but personally, I have not a clue about  the chemical changes involved: Am all ears.

Richard Stanley
www.legacyfound.org
NW Obamaland