[Stoves] Coal stoves in Mongolia

Kevin kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Tue Jul 26 20:52:37 CDT 2011

Dear Fireside

Crispin gave you a typical analysis for the coal he used when he designed, built, tested, and taught local Mongolians how to build very efficient coal stoves. Why not start simply by trying to burn local coal in your stove? Perhaps your stove might not work with coal. It would be good to know this before you went to the expense of getting a coal sample shipped in from Mongolia.

Have you tried burning pellets, wood chips, and stickwood in your stove? A stove designed to burn 5 pound extruded fire logs may not work well on these other fuels.

Don't underestimate the importance of Science and Measurements as a vital part of the Art of Stove Design.

Best wishes,

Kevin