[Stoves] Fire Stump / stump-incuts

Fireside Hearth firesidehearthvashon at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 29 23:03:49 CDT 2011

Hello Crispin,

         I really do appreciate that you are taking so much time to help me understand.

                     Our design is not that out of the ordinary where primary and secondary combustion and air delivery are concerned. I have developed a pin wheel of sorts which can be rotated to the right or left opening or closing air channels. This allows me to shut down one or both depending on the stage of the fire. My secondary tubes are preheated from the bottom of the stove up to the bottom side of our combustor. Both the lower burn chamber and the combustor are built to promote as much turbulence as possible for good mixing of air/fuel. Once through this process the spent exhaust enters an upper chamber where some combustion will continue but most is complete during the passing through the combustor due to very high temperatures. we insulate very heavily sides of the stove for close clearance as well as internal temperature. Most of the usable heat is focused out out the glass door and cook top.
Again, thank you....R&B