[Stoves] {briquetting} Anticipation of fuels; Another interpretation

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 09:06:27 CDT 2011

Dear Jeff

>> If a variety of maize was developed that had not much food value but
>> lots of heat, would it be classed in people's minds as a fuel crop
>> like trees?

>First we deal with the technology/science than we work on the psychology.

My point was that perhaps there is already some confusion about biomass fuel
being something that takes years to grow, and food being something that
grows in a single summer.

Switchgrass helps. It is obviously a fuel and grows in a single season.
Instead of talking about 'burning food' we should talk about 'dual use'
biomass.