[Stoves] Stove comparison coming

Alex English english at kingston.net
Tue Mar 15 19:40:41 CDT 2011

Crispin,
Your familiar categories all reflect how pyrolysis and gasification
proceed in relation to the air supply. They don't say a lot about the
continuing combustion reaction downstream. That has a lot to do with
unburned hydrocarbon particulate and soot.

Are there categories of burners that can suffice as a suffix to the fuel
dynamic categories, to give a more complete picture?

How easy is it for the untooled or unschooled user to spoil the result
by getting the secondary air wrong?

Alex