[Stoves] super low-cost and blue flame rice husk gas stove

Paul S. Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Tue Mar 22 23:01:28 CDT 2011

Dear Alexis and all stovers,

Once again, a great contribution by Alexis Belonio.

Some minor observations that might later be clarified by Alexis:

1.  Last line gives the date of February 2010.  Should that be 2011?

2.  The downward progression of the pyrolysis front is "a fire zone
rate of about 2.2 cm per minute" and the duration of the batch is from
18 to 25 minutes.  That gives approximately 2 x 20 = 40 centimeter
height of the fuel chamber/reactor.  Plus burner and base, it is about
half a meter tall.

3.  The diameter of the fuel chamber/reactor is (my guess based on
what I can see) about 4 or 5 inches (10 to 13 cm).  Nice size.

4.  Fantastic!!!!   "the casing is made of tin can and can be bought
at a very low price from a Can Factory;"  Wonderful!!!  Now that this
gets said and gets into production in Indonesia, perhaps the critics
of "tincanium" will finally recognize that the tin can industry is
potentially one of the greatest allies for making low-cost,
ATTRACTIVE, stoves!!!

Well done, Alexis, WELL DONE.

Paul S. Anderson, PhD
Known to some as:  Dr. TLUD    Doc    Professor
Phone (USA): 309-452-7072   SKYPE: paultlud   Email: psanders at ilstu.edu
www.gtz.de/de/dokumente/giz2011-en-micro-gasification.pdf   (Best ref.)