[Stoves] Request for "Efficiencies" data of stoves

Paul S. Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Thu Nov 10 12:04:00 CST 2011

Dear Sander all Stovers, especially the number crunchers!!

I have received a request for data from a Danish professor who is not
on our Stoves listserv , so be sure that any replies include his
address as well as the Stove listserv.

The request (below) will raise some questions.  Which efficiency (of
combustion or of heat transfer to the pot), and what could possibly be
"an average stove".  There is no agreement about that, and I am
suggesting that he selects eventually 3 to 5 "average" stoves.

Also his indication of fuels is different from our normal topics.
Biogas is the topic of other listservs, but maybe some Stover is also
well informed about that.  And then he says "coal".   Sorry, I think
he should be considering dry biomass such as wood (which in itself has
many variables to be noted).

I hope that the Stovers can provide assistance to Sander.

Be sure to include him in the responses you send.

Paul
-
Paul S. Anderson, PhD
Known to some as:  Dr. TLUD    Doc    Professor
Phone (USA): 309-452-7072   SKYPE: paultlud   Email: psanders at ilstu.edu
www.gtz.de/de/dokumente/giz2011-en-micro-gasification.pdf   (Best ref.)