[Stoves] Fwd: Igniting Change

rongretlarson at comcast.net rongretlarson at comcast.net
Thu Nov 17 21:36:26 CST 2011

List

This message below is highly important to this list. Great photos. Great message. A good bit on the problems of making and using charcoal in cooking.

But I can't figure out how you can write something this lengthy and never get in the concept of charcoal-making stoves!
No mention of some stove types being cleaner than others.
No mention of some stoves being an income earner.
No mention of some stoves being able to use small-sized non-wood residues - with most not able to do so
No mention that some famous scientists worrying about excess atmospheric carbon and who have endorsed placing char in soil

A fter writing the above, I searched for other types of stoves in the text - and also found nothing specfic (Rockets, Jikos, etc.) So I confess to being paranoid on this topic. Maybe the playing field is still level. Here's hoping .

I recommend reading this. We need to be supportive.

Ron

Begin forwarded message: