[Stoves] Stove costs

Jan Bianchi janbianchi at comcast.net
Fri Nov 18 15:38:59 CST 2011

Do any of you know of a list that compares different clean burning cook
stoves not only by fuel type, efficiency and emissions, but also by price
and the presence or lack thereof of subsidy?  I don't see the latter
information on most websites that describe different stoves.

If there isn't such a list, maybe we could work to put together one by each
of you sending a link that describes a stove and stating the price they are
currently being sold for in local communities, together with whether there
is a subsidy and if so the amount?  I'd be happy to work with Erin to put
together such a list from your answers.

For people living on $2 a day or less, what for example would be considered
a low cost stove?  Middling?  High?