[Stoves] What poor means?

Paul Olivier paul.olivier at esrla.com
Sun Nov 20 17:06:42 CST 2011

I suggest:

   1. that we collaborate in coming up with some of the best designs of
   cook stoves for particular forms of biomass;
   2. that we look for countries uniquely positioned to fabricate at the
   most competitive prices;
   3. that we use the highest quality materials in our fabrication;
   4. that we employ some of the most advanced mass production techniques;
   5. that we buy in large quantities to further reduce price;
   6. that we sell at cost, or perhaps below cost, to the poor;
   7. that we operate with total transparency in making known our
   fabrication costs;
   8. that we ask the rich to voluntarily pay more to subsidize the sale to
   the poor.

The effort to provide good cook stoves does not have to be a money-making
endeavor.
It could easily become a world-wide collaborative effort involving many
people on this stove list.

Thanks.
Paul Olivier

Paul A. Olivier PhD