[Stoves] What is poor ?

Richard Stanley rstanley at legacyfound.org
Mon Nov 21 05:27:28 CST 2011

from the frozen glacier of Dar es Salaam,

The cell phone is becoming the tool for communciation here, big time. Everyone sends text messages very littel spokn com as it is far more expensive. In fact, one tell when one is getting a call locally because someone calls, then hangs up, leaving you to foot the bill of replying..
There is group called Envya started by an ex peace corps turned silicone valley entrepreneur . Envaya is a way of linking the cell phone user (ubiquitous ) to the internet (still, not so ubiquitous) ---or accessable.
There is very little "jungle path" to speak of anyway.. Its more a question of too much traffic if anything.
But we-- in our recent infamous linguist-presidents word's--- misunderestimate the power of work of mouth too.

 Brrr. so damn cold here !!!
Richard