[Stoves] Rotarians around the world

Nancy Sanford Hughes nancyineugene at me.com
Mon Nov 21 22:12:35 CST 2011

Hi,
Some of the members of the Bioenergy Stoves List have asked how Rotary works around the world as we have found Rotarians helpful in matching funding for stove projects.
Obviously, clubs differ in their approach to charity, but we have always found the Rotarians responsive to our requests for help for those in need.  Rotary has only four tenants:
1.Is it the TRUTH?
2.Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3.Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
4.Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?

Most clubs are responsive to reasonable requests for help for those in need.  Grants are submitted by members of the Rotary Club to the Rotary District, and if approved, they are submitted to Rotary International for approval.  We have found that it generally takes about a year for funding a well documented grant request that is supported by a member of the club.

Sincerely,

Nancy

Nancy Sanford Hughes, President

StoveTeam International