[Stoves] sausage maker adaptor for manual briquette

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Fri Nov 25 14:40:26 CST 2011

..Xavier,

Sorry for your troubles with flakey briquettes:

I wish you had come with us to Three ways cafe up in Lushoto town up in the
Usambaras, here in Tanzania a few days ago.

The best darn chapatis, mandazis and roast chicken I have ever tasted this
side of the Pangani .

The briquettes charcoal wastes swept off the seller stall floor, some paper
scraps and a few leaves of unknown origin,  are  quick to start no
appreciable smoke last about 2 hours and cost about 40% less than charcoal
according to the shop owners.

No clay is used. Its reported to retard ignition and to make the clinker
product  harder to dispose of.

Otherwise, In your case I don't know but I would guess that  the paper is
probably not sufficiently  dissociated . You really have to get it smashed
into whispy shards which dissolve in water, not curds or clumps but more
like what happens when you soak toilet paper or kleenex in water ..

The quality and energy density It is NOT due to pressure but finesse in
preparing the blend such that the final product is really solid and tightly
bound with well dissociated fibers...

So many miss this point then revert to char briquettes dismissing the fine
art of blending because they never got it in the first place. Stick with it
Xavier & send me some pictures .

Richard

encl:

Production in The Mkombozi group's "D" (=Doche) lab

PastedGraphic-4

PastedGraphic-5

Re sent for Richard

T.R. Miles, Technical Consultants, Inc.