[Stoves] Heat / cook stove - proposed design

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 20:14:27 CST 2011

Dear Friends

Further to Darren's efforts, a reminder that the original drawings for the
combustor and one of the stoves that incorporates it is in the Library at
New Dawn Engineering at the very much enlarged (this week) website. That is
not to say there is so much there, just that we can now make very large
files such as high-res video originals available. As time passes more will
be available.

See http://www.newdawnengineering.com/website/library/Stoves/gtz7/ for a
list of files. It is not a webpage, it just shows a list of files. You can
sort by different means by clicking on the top bar as you would in Explorer.

If you download all of them you will be able to make the whole 7.1 version
of the stove known colloquially as 'The Tractor' due to its strange
appearance. It is a chimney stove (90-105mm x 3 metres tall) that burns soft
coal, hard coal and wood (though we have not tested it with wood). It is a
very good space heating stove for people living near the floor (lots of
radiant heat).

It is recommend that the brickwork be done with boiler bricks (hard ones)
which cost about $1.50 each in most places.

If you want updated designs (the 7.1 is from Sept 2010) please contact me.