[Stoves] Wood chips for syngas energy

Alex English english at kingston.net
Mon Oct 10 20:08:48 CDT 2011

RL:   Are you operating today as a char-maker?

Ron,

No. There are still some impediments .
1. Proven clean and dry and affordable feed/fuel stock.
2. Lack of heat storage.
3. No market.

On the progress side;
1. I am currently doing some low cost modifications to the ash/char
auger that will make it easier switch to make char occasionally without
left over ash contamination.
2. Our fuel supplier is going to try and do some 'source separation' of
the raw materials to avoid sources of contaminants, and screening out
the fines.
3. We built another burner/gasifier system that may operate in tandem
with the stoker to function as either a modulating top-up to the stoker
in steady state, or as a base load char maker itself. It is not suited
to high ash fuels and is still in development.
4. Our char was used in a research project at a local university.
Positive and interesting results may be published soon.

Alex