[Stoves] burning rice husk

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 14:27:30 CDT 2011

Dear Christa

>>Actually it works really well as a natural draft pellet stove, if anyone
wants to try it. I found the best size is 6 or 7mm. It might do well with
5mm which is hard to burn in a regular stove, even a TLUD without a fan
because it packs so densely. The frequency of tapping is greatly reduced
with the denser fuel which addresses your main complaint.

>pellets are an unfair comparison, a mere tincan can  burn pellets ...  and
would spare all the triple layers of metal and conical shapes of the MTS

It is really hard to refuel a tin can while it is running!