[Stoves] High mass space heating options Re: Rocket Stove for the PLACE

Fireside Hearth firesidehearthvashon at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 18 12:27:12 CDT 2011

Hello Steve,

         In UlaanBataar Mongolia for one example there are times where electricity is not available, then you have the off gridder, and my total paranoia that even here at home we could be without power for long periods of time. One of our local power generating dams is horribly compromised structurally, should it go it would send millions of gallons of water rushing downhill toward Seattle taking out every power translator station in it's path. This could mean many months before power could be restored in many area's. This is why I wish to not rely on power at all if possible.
        I have worked out my stove problem by two methods. One was to "wrap"my flue pipe raising it's internal temperature creating a better draw, the other was getting more activity from my secondary combustors which in turn accomplished both a better (cleaner) burn as well as providing a little more temperature in the flue.