[Stoves] Sensatronics: High Temp Inquiry

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 15:09:46 CDT 2011

http://www.mccdaq.com/usb-data-acquisition/USB-501-TC.aspx for the single
one.

Really nice. $82 and can take the K-type however it does not cover the range
of a K (-200 to 1250 C) which is weird. I think it means the thermocouple
they provide will only take 400, not that it can’t display 1200.

http://www.mccdaq.com/usb-data-acquisition/USB-500-Series.aspx for the
range.

It says “Battery-powered remote thermocouple data logger measures and
records temperatures from -200 to +1300 °C”

Thanks

Crispin

+++++++++

If you need multiple thermocouples and want to have both voltage and 4-20 ma
channels I recommend the Agilent 34972 multiplexer but it is closer to $2K.
It is absolutely amazing in its capabilities. On the cheaper end is the OPUS
10 from Lufft. Very nice unit and completely portable. It records high, low
and average for two channels. About the size of a cigarette pack.

Also "Measurement Computing" do a very nice USB datalogger "USB-TC" with 8
TC inputs, of many different types.

Steve