[Stoves] Zambia TLUD project and other large TLUD projects

Paul S. Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Sun Oct 23 08:33:15 CDT 2011

Dear Paal and all,

CONGRATULAIONS on the Zambia project!!!!!!!!!   Please send to all of
us the basic details when you are able, plus updates as you progress.

Please clarify about: "assisting 175,000 farmers ... how to utilize
the waste from biochar production for household energy."  There are
several possible interpretations of those words:     175 k persons, or
households, or stoves? and what is the role of the charcoal:  to be
biochar into soil, or to become charcoal as fuel for households
(urban?).

With Paal's many years of experience in Africa, and with Otto Formo's
participation also (my assumption, but highly likely), this will be a
great TLUD  project.

For the records (and please correct me if I am in error), the largest
TLUD projects thus far in the world have been:

1.  Oorja Stove, by BP(now First Energy) in India:  400,000 stoves
(with fans)  We are not hearing anything more about that.  If someone
has info, please send it to the Stoves Listserv (or to me or others
who will make a posting for all).

-------(Wendelbo's Zambia project will enter the list here)

2.  (lacking confirmation)  Daxu Stove in China:  25,000 stoves ???
(update info requested;  I think the project stopped.)

3.  BEIA project by CREEC in Uganda, with 10,000 Mwoto TLUD-ND stoves
(project initiated in 2011 and runs to late 2012)  ( Mwoto has its
application submitted to the EPA for this coming third round of
testing.)

Paul S. Anderson, PhD
Known to some as:  Dr. TLUD    Doc    Professor
Phone (USA): 309-452-7072   SKYPE: paultlud   Email: psanders at ilstu.edu
www.gtz.de/de/dokumente/giz2011-en-micro-gasification.pdf   (Best ref.)