[Stoves] [biochar-production] Re: Stoves Digest, Vol 14, Issue 17

Paul Olivier paul.olivier at esrla.com
Wed Oct 26 18:30:34 CDT 2011

Let us suppose that the proximate analysis of a rice hull sample is:
15.80% fixed carbon
63.60% volatile matter
20.60% ash.
If we remove all volatile matter, the remainder would be:
43.41% fixed carbon
56.59% ash
Should this material not be called biochar?

Paul Olivier

--
Paul A. Olivier PhD
27C Pham Hong Thai Street