[Stoves] [biochar-production] Re: Stoves Digest, Vol 14, Issue 17

Frank Shields frank at compostlab.com
Thu Oct 27 13:19:52 CDT 2011

Dear Crispin,

Not sure I understand your question about "speeding up access to ash". The
ash would be available directly after ashing and long before biomass in the
same soil as long as the ash is not heated to make forms that are not
soluble. And the nutrients from the ash I think a non-point when talking
about the benefits of biochar. I thing the benefits of using biochar is the
changes it makes to soil and soil dynamics and that will be different for
each site and different biochar products.

Regards

Frank

Frank Shields

Control Laboratories, Inc.