[Stoves] [biochar-production] Re: Stoves Digest, Vol 14, Issue 17

Paul Olivier paul.olivier at esrla.com
Thu Oct 27 16:53:41 CDT 2011

Crispin,

I agree fully about the "host of other factors."
But when soils are so depleted of carbon and have been subjected to chemical
fertilizers over many years,
which is generally the case everywhere in Asia, biochar has a dramatic
effect.
Here in Dalat (the vegetable producer for most of the south of Vietnam),
in about 20 years, the soil will be totally barren, if biochar and compost
are not applied.

Thanks.
Paul

--