[Stoves] VERY Important for all Stovers: Re: NIH Study, Alliance Op-Ed, Oslo Conference

Paul S. Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Sun Oct 30 19:57:14 CDT 2011

Dear Stovers,

We need to be aware of what is happening in the "Energy Sector" of the
world, and what the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves is doing, so
the message below from Radha Muthiah is of great importance
(especially about the Oslo conference).

Thank you, Radha, for sending the message to the Stoves Listserv!!!
It shows your awareness of the stove developers who are literally "in
the trenches" of stove improvements.

Here are my comments and questions triggered by Radha's message:

1.  The scope and magnitude of the cookstove efforts are thankfully
ramping up.  Look at the 10 statements.  See the priorities.
Understand what is happening.

2.  But who was at the Oslo meeting?  (Could Radha's office please
post a list of the attendees and their affiliations?)  I only know of
one person (who has a highlevel position) who attended.  He was
surprised I was not there.  Not there?   I did not even know of the
meeting until after it was over.

3.  I suspect it was not attended by many of the stove developers.
Who of the Stove listserv attended?  Please respond.   Can you give us
any additional insights, please?

4.  Very seriously, WE NEED TO KNOW WHO WAS AT A HIGH LEVEL MEETING
LIKE THIS AND THEREFORE WAS UNOFFICIALLY "REPRESENTING" THE STOVERS.

Paul S. Anderson, PhD
Known to some as:  Dr. TLUD    Doc    Professor
Phone (USA): 309-452-7072   SKYPE: paultlud   Email: psanders at ilstu.edu
www.gtz.de/de/dokumente/giz2011-en-micro-gasification.pdf   (Best ref.)