[Stoves] flames touching pot

Paul Olivier paul.olivier at esrla.com
Sun Sep 11 18:34:35 CDT 2011

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 5:52 AM, Crispin Pemberton-Pigott <
crispinpigott at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Paul****
>
> ** **
>
> That is not possible to guess. The reaction temperature of the molecule is
> very different from the temperature a few Angstroms away. That is why it is
> difficult to talk about the temperature of a flame. Depends on where you
> measure it.

Let us measure by inserting the thermocouple in the flame,
that is, by exposing it to multiple gas jets.

> ****
>
> ** **
>
> If you blow O2 into a gas stream you can get a blue flame hot enough to cut
> steel. A single of your blue gas jets probably won’t heat a thermocouple
> above 600 C.

The 150 gasifier has 80 gas jets.
In combination, they have to produce temperatures higher than 600 C.
Too much secondary air could have a cooling effect.
But if the secondary air is hot as it enters the burner and if there is not
too much of it,
should there not be a relatively high flame temperature from such a blue
flame?

Thanks.
Paul Olivier

--