[Stoves] PAtent and protect, or package and diffuse

Richard Stanley rstanley at legacyfound.org
Mon Sep 12 15:06:46 CDT 2011

PAtent and protect, or package and diffuse...

Deal all , I think that the game is not about patents in the attempting to reach the third world .
Patenting is a western invention designed for centralised & industrialised economies--and ones with tight distribution and tracking networks.  That a fine, but for the Third world, one needs to really consider the sheer numbers and distribution and the accessability of  the populaiton they are ostensibly trying to reach.. its ultimately just a lawyer's end game ...
The notion that you are going to add value in the west and sell to the south will work for donor/aid - subsidised programs but that is not a sustainable business model in the long run.

I recommend that one just bundles what they know,   giving credits due and linkages to others doing similar things and sell that--and the promise of due online support...

The latter piece  is what sells you uniquely –and you cannot patent that

Richard Stanley
www.legacyfound.org