[Stoves] Lignite in Mississippi

The Bootstrapper whh393 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 18 19:03:18 CDT 2011

Crispin,

This plant is a scaled up version of an existing process.  More info on the Lignite plant at:
http://www.mississippipower.com/kemper/TRIGTechnology.asp

Additional information Links on this site...
http://sequestration.mit.edu/tools/projects/kemper.html

William Hatcher

From: crispinpigott at gmail.com
To: stoves at lists.bioenergylists.org
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 14:56:31 -0400
Subject: [Stoves] Lignite in Mississippi

Dear Friends

Energy Company Southern reports they have patented and licensed a lignite burning power plant design that ‘burns cleaner’ than natural gas. It has been licensed to China. It was developed for a Mississippi-based coal deposit. The Boss man (CNBC interview) did not define ‘cleaner’.

My suspicion is that it is a fuel composition-related achievement. The H2 content of the fuel must be high. It also must be a statement conditioned on the combustion devices being defined in order to make the comparison.

I am happy to hear that they have done at a large scale what we have done on a micro scale. I am willing to bet it is a combined cycle gasification mode power plant. The increased efficiency reduces the emissions per kW output.

_______________________________________________ Stoves mailing list to Send a Message to the list, use the email address stoves at lists.bioenergylists.org to UNSUBSCRIBE or Change your List Settings use the web page http://lists.bioenergylists.org/mailman/listinfo/stoves_lists.bioenergylists.org for more Biomass Cooking Stoves, News and Information see our web site: http://www.bioenergylists.org/