[Stoves] Report on APBC - first two days

rongretlarson at comcast.net rongretlarson at comcast.net
Sun Sep 18 21:04:04 CDT 2011

Crispin etal

 see below

----- 元のメッセージ -----

差出人: "Crispin Pemberton-Pigott" <crispinpigott at gmail.com>
To: "Discussion of biomass cooking stoves" <stoves at lists.bioenergylists.org>
送信済み: 2011年9月17日, 土曜日 午前 7:55:17
件名: Re: [Stoves] Report on APBC - first two days

Dear Ron

Very informative. Thanks for reporting.

>    Questions?

The more than 100 types of biochar:

Are they significantly different in some respects?

   RWL:  Many respects.  pH especially.ash content  especially rice husks, etc.   They have used multi-variate analysis to break into four main groups that will (among other things) predict lifetime, best application rates, etc  (not yet ready for publication).

Does the process used to produce it make more of a difference than the species?

   RWL:  probably both.

Is the consistency of the product important for making predictable agricultural results?

   RWL:  Yes

That would guide the producers as to where they should put the most effort.

    RWL:  T he pros in this area (not just Australia) are feeling good about having it worked out pretty soon.  I heard one say it is a lot like applying different fertilizers, lime etc.  Until you have some testing, it looks mysterious.

Ron

Thanks

stoves at lists.bioenergylists.org

for more Biomass Cooking Stoves,  News and Information see our web site:
http://www.bioenergylists.org/