[Stoves] Stanford pyrolyzer grant?

Marc Pare mpare at gatech.edu
Wed Sep 28 13:25:59 CDT 2011

Hello all,

Does anyone have any more information on the grant below? A friend just
forwarded the write-up to me, but I couldn't find anything on Stanford's
site about their progress.

I did manage to find a 1974 report claiming
"A simple and effective system for thermally reducing and inerting human
waste products (feces and urine) has been successfully demonstrated."
which further reinforces the trend in gasification of knowledge from two
decades ago being rediscovered as fuel prices creep back up.

Not sure if this message should go on the cookstove or the biochar
list...gasifiers straddle both topics!