[Stoves] Biomass Stove from Indonesia

mnurhuda at ub.ac.id mnurhuda at ub.ac.id
Sun Apr 1 12:45:31 CDT 2012

All,

Muhammad Nurhuda has provided links to an interesting series of TLUD cooking
stoves made by Kompor Biomass in Indonesia.  The videos show how large
pieces can be burned in TLUD designs.

Tom Miles

Let me first introduce myself. My name is Muhammad Nurhuda, I am
researcher and teaching staff at Physics Department, Brawijaya University,
Malang, Indonesia.

We have developed various biomass stoves. The fuels also vary from chopped
woods/twigs, pellet, palm kernel shell,  hazelnut kernel shell,  corncob,
etc..

You might see the videos of our stoves in the following  youtube's
addresses:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sty_pdFYr44

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4r5U18s_OY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7TZn6YGOcI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOba6FobfrQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b70z9-0nK6E

All stoves presented above are of TLDU types, but the combustion is
improved by using pre-heating and counter-flow burning mechanism. The one
intended for palm kernel shell utilizes diffused-combustion mechanism, in
addition to pre-heating and counter flow mechanism.

The latest one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b70z9-0nK6E

is devoted for institutional cook stove or small restaurants.

Very recently, we have also developed a new rocket stove. The combustion
in this new rocket stove is improved by introducing counter-flow burning
mechanism. Please check the video in the following address:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kID0YL6TyqA

I have been invited by Prof Anderson to join this discussion group, a year
ago. Due to my bad English, I am not very confident to write an article in
discussion group. However, I always check if there is a new one.

With best regards
M. Nurhuda
Malang, Indonesia
mnurhuda at ub.ac.id