[Stoves] Wetterau-water-lever

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 16:52:00 CDT 2012

Dear Martin

Very nice!

And you are a good heat gun welder too.

Thanks

Crispin

From: Boll, Martin Dr. [mailto:boll.bn at t-online.de]
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2012 11:22 PM
To: stoves at lists.bioenergylists.org
Cc: 'Frans Peeters'; 'Frank Shields'; 'Crispin Pemberton-Pigott'
Subject: Wetterau-water-lever

Dear low-tech-fans of the list,

With my Wetterau-water-lever I want you, as you like, to share with me a
simple thing; to re-make it and have fun and comfort in its simple use.

>From my side it is free to use and I think, if published in the stoves-list,
it will remain free.

I think it can be even useful under poor water-access. It can make a minimal
quasi “current-water” out of a bucket.

Some years ago I made an application for me to transfer water from one drum
to the next drum, without always re-filling the lever-tube.

It’s just using simple all-known-physics in the simplest way.

Background:The history of the barometer (
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barometer )

My water-lever consists out of two on top connected barometers (type Boyle).
I propose to call it Wetterau-water-lever, because of the name of the region
where I live and where I use it for many years. – I could not call it after
the small river (“Usa”) which is flowing here nor like the village
(beginning With “Bad” ), because it is not bad. And I don’t feel as
inventor, though I am proud of its simplicity. The 3 pictures attached
describe clearly form and function. ( each picture about 140 KB)

It is made out of PE-water-tube. The parts are cut out of the tube with an
iron-saw, then welded together with an electrical heat-gun, armed with a
welding-mirror. –You can do it with glue as well.

The first edition (picture with thick tube) is all in one line:
down-up-down-up.

The later editions have the ends bent in 60° angle out of the flat of the
upper part. The real end points in 90°  direction to the long parts.

By that geometry one can fill up the water-lever, while it is laying flat on
a table. ( By the picture at one end there is a metal-tube connecting, which
can be connected to a hose).

The Wetterau-water-lever can stand up or be hanged-up without loosing water.

It can be dumped with one end into a bucket, to tap water, but does stop,
always staying filled up for further use.

- You can use different plugs to stop water-flow or minimize the flow.

It could make some sort of “current-water” out of a simple bucket.

Connected with a hose with small holes and plugged end, it could be used as
micro watering for few plants.

Even if the lever runs out of water, when connected to a long
irrigation-tube it can be easily re-filled;

-but an additional aeration-tube can make that the lever is not sucked
empty.

My main intention was, to get water from one drum to the next, without
drilling holes into a drum, -which can possibly cause leaks.

Built it, have fun to share and tell how you transform it and transform its
application.

Regards

Martin

.